The Heritage Council has announced the opening of their Community Grant Scheme 2022 and have allocated in the region of €1.5 million to the scheme. The aim of this scheme is to support capital projects that improve access and inclusion to heritage sites; that apply good heritage practice to the management of places, collections, or objects (including buildings). The scheme also supports the purchase of essential equipment. Closing date for receipt of online applications is 5pm Wednesday 16th February 2022. Online applications at https://www.heritagecouncil.ie/funding/community-heritage-grant-scheme-2022 If you’ve got an idea for a project or would like help with an application, please contact Galway County Council Heritage Officer in good time email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can apply?
• The scheme is open to:
• voluntary and community groups
• heritage-related non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
• not-for-profit heritage organisations
• Museum Standards Programme for Ireland (MSPI) participants
• Adopt a Monument Programme participants
• Second and third level educational bodies (excludes private institutions).