The Department of Agriculture have put in place a Fodder support scheme for farmers. If you,as a farmer, need assistance please contact your local Teagasc office, IFA or any other farmers representative group. If you have surplus silage or hay I would ask that you let Teagasc know.
The bad weather is very stressful for all involved in farming. It is important to know that there are supports available, keep an eye on your neighbours and offer assistance if needed. A problem shared is a problem halved.
If you need further advice please contact Teagasc or give me a call on (086) 2513639